Since I just closed out my second year of ATS, I thought I'd go ahead and do one of these! This might be a good exercise for me, in reflecting and looking back on other dances.
1. What did you do in the past year that you had never done before?
So many things!! I went to my first Tribal Revolution (and performed in it!), I was invited to join Cassia, the student troupe of Eastern Fire Belly Dance, I started sword classes, I started spinning... OMG so much!
2. Did you keep your belly dance new year resolution, and will you have one this year?
I didn't have a resolution for this past year. But for Year 3 K.D. (Katrina Dancing), my resolution is to master the sword and begin to get ready for ATS General Skills.
3. Did you introduce anyone to belly dance?
I'm still working on my life partner to get him into drumming.
4. What travels did you take, and did you involve belly dance with them?
I didn't end up traveling at all. I don't have any travels lined up next year, but I hope to bring dance with me wherever I go.
5. What would you like to have this year that you lacked last year?
Money! My job situation wasn't very stable in Year 2 K.D., but hopefully that's evened out some. I hope to have enough to not have to choose between the water bill and dance in Year 3!
6. Which date from the past year will remain etched in your memory and why?
June 25. That was Cassia's debut on the stage of Tribal Revolution.
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Definitely dancing at Tribal Rev.
8. What was your biggest failure?
Being laid off twice in the span of six months. Ouch.
9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
10. What was the best thing you bought or made for dance?
MY SWORD. I'm still coming up with a name for her.
11. What did you get really excited about?
Sword, spinning, Tribal Rev!
12. What did you wish you'd done more of?
I wish I'd been able to take more classes at Tribal Rev and networked with my other dancers more.
13. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Lamenting my circumstances.
14. What seemed to get in the way of dance?
The cash flow issue, definitely.
15. What was your favorite music from this year?
We reclaimed Radha at one of our Belly Dance Wednesdays, and now I jam to it.
16. What did you do on your birthday?
Not a super happy birthday, and it didn't involve dance.
17. What would have made your year immeasurable more satisfying?
I really can't imagine anything. It's been a pretty good year dancewise.
18. How would you describe your belly dance style in the past year?
Strictly come ATS.
19. What were the major influences on your belly dance in the past year?
The fantastic Grace, of course, and Cassia. In my first class with them I just felt like I belonged, we have such great chemistry.
20. Best thing about being a dancer in the past year?
Getting to dance with my Cassia family. Ride or die!